Daily Doors II continues with a new series of doors that we use on a daily basis. Actions such as opening, closing, slamming, squeaking, rattling, forcing, hitting have been recorded simultaneously from a near and a distant perspective.
- Near perspective is around 50 centimeters far away from the source, whereas the distant one is around 2-3 meters far away, depending on the source. Mono, M/S and ORTF were used for this perspective.
- Distant perspective is in M/S or ORTF.
- Unless it wasn’t possible due to the nature of the sound or because of logistics, all sounds were recorded in two different intensities: Hard and Soft. Each file contains at least 3 different takes.
- All files are in 96 kHz / 24 bit and meta-tagged, both in Soundminer and BWAV.
- Gear Used:
- Microphones: Sennheiser 8050, Sennheiser 8040 & MKH 30 in M/S, Sennheiser 8040s in ORTF
- Recorders: Zoom F8, Sound Devices MixPre 6-II, Sony D100
- UCS Compatible Metadata embedded. Fields included CatID, Category, Subcategory, FX Name, Filename, Description, BWDescription, Library, RecType, Microphone, Designer, Manufacturer, Keywords.
Front Door, Kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom, Bedroom, Corridor, Fridge, Freezer, Oven, Window, Wardrobe, Cabinet, Drawer, Doorknob, Latch, Chain, Sliding Door, Roller Blind, Bin, Cupboard, Curtain, Garage, Car, Case, Gate, Fence, Wood, Metal.