Wind Textures III highlights a new palette of wide sounding wind effects recorded over two years, from high mountain ridges to marshes and grasslands.
- Featuring the levante, also known as the famous easterly wind that blows in the western Mediterranean Sea, which is a dominant feature in the province of Cadiz, Spain.
- This set of recordings includes winds blasting marshes and several types of vegetation, as well as recordings from a car interior.
- Blustery winds in montane grasslands and high mountain ridges from the Guadarrama Mountains in Central Spain.
- In the heights of this nature reserve are prairies in which high mountain shrubs dominate the terrain. This includes several types of leaves rustling.
- Unless it’s specified in the filename, all recordings are bird and insect free.
- Intensity varies from calm breezes to gusts of up to 80 km/h.
- Wind blasting a motorbike captured from inside a helmet with no engine noise at all. The visor was in three different positions (open, half way open and closed) in order to get a wider variety of sounds.
- These sounds can be used for any type of object, animal or vehicle in motion where wind plays an important role in terms of storytelling.
- Gear used: Sound Devices MixPre 6-II, Sennheiser 8040 in ORTF, Sennheiser 8050 with MKH 30 in M/S, Sony D100, LOM Usis.
- UCS Compatible Metadata embedded. Fields included CatID, Category, Subcategory, FX Name, Filename, Description, BWDescription, Library, RecType, RecMedium, Microphone, Designer, Manufacturer, Keywords, VendorCategory.
Number of Files: 54 High Quality WAVS
Size Unpacked: 8.3 GB
Sample Rate: 96 kHz / 24 bit
Total Duration: 250 minutes
Other Info: Embedded Soundminer and BWAV Metadata
License type: Single user, royalty-free. For a multi-user license, please contact us.
Wind, Weather, Nature, Breeze, Gust, Blustery, Howl, Whistle, Grassland, Mountain, Marsh, Vegetation, Bush, Leaf, Leaves, Metal, Fence, Meadow, Rumble, Helmet, Motorbike, Rushing, Motion, Rural, Rustle, Shrub, Tree, Urban, Car, Shutter, Window.