Thunder Tube offers you an extensive collection of sounds from a unique resonant source, ideal for any sound design purpose.
- Includes three different thunder tubes: 5 inches, 6 inches and 7 x 2 inches. Each one gives a specific timbre and color.
- Performing different actions, such as shaking it, moving it around the microphone, pulling the spring, hitting the spring against several materials and surfaces.
- Thumping resonances, long and deep tails, dark rumbles, distorted crashes, metallic hits, subtle rattles.
- Rich low end and mid frequency content.
- Recorded at 96 kHz / 24 bit. Some of the metallic sounds produced by the spring go up to 50 kHz.
- Design laser guns, earthquakes, space ships, rocket launchers, crashes, whooshes, ominous atmospheres, among many others.
- Recorded from four different perspectives:
- Near perspective: Sennheiser MKH 8050 and MKH30 in M/S placed at 50 cm away from the source.
- Distant perspective: Sennheiser 8040s in ORTF placed at 2 meters away from the source.
- Interior perspective: Lom mikroUšis placed inside the drum.
- Contact microphone perspective: Aquarian H2a.
- Near and distant perspective were recorded simultaneously. Interior and contact mic perspective took place in separated takes.
- Recorders used: Zoom F8, Sony D100.
Rumble, Shake, Metal, Weapon, Launcher, Whoosh, Distorsion, Earthquake, Crash, Drone, Bass, Low End, Rocket, Spaceship, Alien, Thunder, Explosion.