Residential Seagulls features 18 stereo tracks of seagulls in a residential area. All recordings took place in backyards where the city noise is very close to zero.
- Seagulls are the focus in all the recordings. Some tracks only contain seagulls, and some others also include sparrows, doves and magpies.
- Recordings are mainly from sunrise and sunset, where seagulls tend to be more present. Recordings at night are also included though.
- Seagulls vocalizations include classic seagull scream, some throaty and raspy calls, laughing sounds and mew calls or noises. From individual seagulls to bigger groups, including flocks.
- Even though the focus of this library is to represent the soundscape of a residential area near the sea, with more or less distant calls, the collection also includes closer calls and screeches, which can be used for sound design purposes. Note: pitch shifted demo is not included in the library.
- Recorded in M/S and ORTF, with ultrasonic content up to 50 kHz.
- Human noise is absent. You won’t hear any traffic, cars or neighbors. All recordings with those noises have been discarded.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events.
- All recordings have been made in the south coast of England.
- As usual, all files come in 24 bit and 96 kHz, with Soundminer embedded metadata.
- Gear used: Zoom F8, Sennheiser MKH 8040 in ORTF, Sennheiser MKH 8040 & Sennheiser MKH 30 in M/S, Sennheiser MKH 8050 & Sennheiser MKH 30 in M/S, Rycote ORTF Blimp, Rycote Cyclone MS.
Number of Files: 18 High Quality WAVS
Size Unpacked: 2.8 GB
Sample Rate: 96 kHz / 24 bit
Total Duration: 82 minutes
Other Info: Embedded Soundminer and BWAV Metadata
License type: Single user, royalty-free. For a multi-user license, please contact us.
Seagull, Bird, Ocean, Sea, Water, Beach, Seafront, Port, Waves, Urban, Call, Caw, Laugh, Raspy, Sunset, Sunrise.